- Project size: 17,500 sf
- Construction Cost: $6.24M
Great care and attention to detail was taken in designing the overdue improvements and renovations to this venerable period style structure originally designed in 1926 by John Russell Pope. A 1960 Dining Room was demolished and a New Members Dining Room, state-of-the-art Commercial Kitchen, Outdoor Terraces and Banquet Areas were added. Adjacent existing sections of the 46,000 sf historic structure also underwent gut renovations including the Employees Dormitory Wing, New Administrative Offices, Reception and Waiting Areas, and Toilet Facilities. The project also included extensive asbestos abatement and structural rehabilitation as well as replacement and upgrading of all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, including the installation of a new freight elevator. Construction scheduling was phased and tightly coordinated to accommodate ongoing club operations such as banquets and seasonal celebrations.