THE ART AND CRAFT OF ARCHITECTURE
To identify an integrate the owner’s needs and the project requirements with skill professionalism taste and imagination. All members of our firm passionately believed in the importance of an architecture that truly enriches the human experience. We believe that this passion must be the basis for the approach to each and every project no matter how small the budget or how humble the scope.
Our firm is dedicated to earning trust by serving the best interests of our clients and the highest standards of architectural practice
We believe in the inherent quality of service and the role of architectural practice with its aim of strengthening and ennoble in communities.
We believe in continuously cultivating the taste, imagination and skill that together comprise our informed approach to designing successful architectural projects.
MEET THE TEAM
HARRY N. PHARR, R.A, N.C.A.R.B
Mr. Pharr has practiced as a licensed architect since 1985 and his experience includes design, planning, project management and construction administration for a wide range of commercial, residential an institutional project types. Formally trained as an artist, Mr. Pharr has overall responsibility for design and planning matters. Mr. Pharr formerly chaired the village of Warwick architectural review board and routinely represents clients before planning boards. Mr Pharr as a certified LEED AP and is very involved in the firm’s ongoing commitment to sustainable design.
During Mr Pharr’s tenure, Pharr + Anderson has become known particularly for its imaginative solutions an adaptive reuse of existing buildings, in recognition of which the firm’s work has received rewards from the AIA Westchester chapter the Orange County board of Realtors, and published an fine woodworking, interiors magazine, and the New York times.
- Education: Bachelors of Fine Arts, University of Texas, Austin TX
- Registration: NY, NJ, CT, MA, PA, IL
- Certification: LEED accredited professional
- Affiliations: National Council of architectural registration boards
JOHN ANDERSON, RA, AIA
Mr. Anderson has over 12 years of experience and architecture In addition to 7 years of experience and the construction trades, and his expertise includes a broad range of project types including hospitality, commercial, industrial, residential an institutional projects.
Mr. Anderson is the principle in charge of design an overall project management with particular expertise in constructability issues an code analysis. Mr. Anderson regularly represents clients before planning boards and at public hearings. During his tenure at far plus Anderson, Mr. Anderson’s role has been central to the development of the hands-on culture and attention to detail for which the firm has become known.
- Education: Bachelors of Science, Architectural design, Thomas Edison State College, Edison, New Jersey
- Registration: NY, IL
- Affiliations: National Council of architectural registration boards, American Institutes of Architects
AWARDS AND PUBLICATIONS
THE ARCHITECTURAL AWARD FOR COMMERCIAL RENOVATION
In 1992 from the Orange County Association of Realtors for the Clock tower renovation project in Warwick Newark NY
THE COMMUNITY DESIGN REWARD
From the Westchester/Mid-Hudson chapter of the AIA in 1995 for the key bank renovation project in Warwick NY
INTERIOR DESIGN MAGAZINE
Featured are renovation of Marcel breuer’s fairy house at Vassar College in their May 2003 issue
FINE HOMEBUILDING MAGAZINE
Featured the Mitchell edition in January 1999. Taunton press also included this project in their new book “Additions”.
- Project administration
- Code research
- Agency consulting, review, approval
- Space schematics, flow diagrams
- Existing facilities surveys, documentation
- Feasibility studies
Site Analysis & Selection
- Site analysis and selection
- Site development planning and master planning
- Zoning research and approval processing
- Wetland review and delineation
Interior Design Services
- Interior design, documentation
- Furniture procurement
Bidding & Negotiation Services
- Assembling bid packages
- Bidding and negotiations administration
- Conducting pre bid conferences
- Bid evaluation and preparation of construction contract agreements
Schematic Design/ Design Development and Construction Documents Services
- Architectural design and documentation
- Structural design documentation
- Mechanical, electrical design and documentation
- Civil design, documentation
- Interior design, documentation
- Statement of probable construction costs
- Detailed construction cost estimates
Post Construction Services
- Record Drawing Documentation
- Renderings & Models
Construction Contract Administration Services
- Office construction administration
- Construction field observation
- Submittal review and approval
- Application for payment review and approval
- Project closeout
Our firm has partnered on a number of commercial projects with various general contractors and construction managers in the Hudson Valley. We believe this partnership approach to construction project provides significant advantages to the owner including cooperative value engineering and fast tracking.
This is a place we will provide links to specific resources we’d like to share with you.